In this guide, we will show you how to install and use TVTap Pro on Firestick. The installation steps also apply to other Fire TV devices, including the Fire TV (2nd Gen or above), Fire TV Cube, and Fire TV Edition Smart TVs.
Online video streaming is now massively relevant, thanks to the endless catalog of on-demand content offered by big streaming services. It’s also relatively affordable for users to upgrade their living room entertainment setup with a smart streaming player.
However, if you are looking to replace your cable with a digital live TV subscription, you may have to hold on a bit. Popular OTT providers have recently increased their package prices, making them more or less in the same ballpark as regular options.
There are dozens of third-party alternatives you can use to stream live channels without a subscription — provided that you have an Android-powered streaming player like the Firestick. Considering that you are here now, you probably own one of those.
One of the best unofficial apps Fire TV users like you can use to watch live TV channels is TVTap Pro. It’s designed to work on Android smartphones and tablets, but you can install it on an Android TV or Fire TV device as well.
What does TVTap Pro on Firestick Offer?
TVTap Pro offers a robust collection of entertainment, sports, news, infotainment, kids, lifestyle, and other types of linear television channels from around the globe.
You can browse hundreds of channels from the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, India, and dozens more.
You should be able to watch most of your favorite TV channels on TVTap Pro at a decent quality. Only a few channels are available in HD, but it’s not much of an issue given that the app doesn’t ask users to cash out on a monthly subscription at all.
In case the primary stream source for a channel doesn’t work, you always have access to backup sources.
The TVTap Pro removes all the advertisements, banners, pop-ups, and other unnecessary traits of the regular TVTap app. However, you still have the option to mark channels as favorites and use an external player for channel playback.
Features of TVTap Pro on Firestick
- TVTap Pro provides access to hundreds of premium television channels from different countries worldwide.
- You get the option to filter channels by genre. It’s also possible to sort the channels by country/region.
- The app has a built-in TV schedule, which keeps you updated with upcoming programs and events on popular channels.
- TVTap Pro does have an internal stream player, but you can switch to an external media player for better playback controls.
- There are no advertisements or pop-ups throughout the app’s interface, offering a clutter-free user experience.
How to Install TVTap Pro on Firestick
TVTap Pro is an unverified streaming app, and it’s not available on any trusted Android app stores. Hence, it’s not possible for Fire TV users to install the app in a conventional way.
Instead, you need to sideload the APK file on your Firestick, which certainly is a hassle. However, our step-by-step installation guide will make it simple for you to install TVTap Pro on your device. Here’s what the process looks like.
Step 1: Allow App Installation from External Sources
On Fire TV devices, users do get the option to sideload APK files. As it’s mostly intended for developer use, it isn’t allowed by default. The steps below will show you the way to allow app installation from external sources:
- First, move to the Fire TV Home screen’s top navigation panel and highlight the Settings.
- Now scroll to the end of the menu and select My Fire TV. In some cases, you may have to click Device or Device & Software.
- Visit the Developer options menu from the next page, then click Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Regardless of what the warning says, click Turn On to allow unknown app installations on your Firestick.
The TVTap Pro app safely passes VirusTotal tests, so you don’t have to worry about your device getting infected with malware. Also, you can turn off the developer option after sideloading the app.
Step 2: Get Downloader App
The Downloader app will help you download and install the TVTap Pro APK file on your Firestick. In fact, you can get it from the official Amazon Appstore. If you already have the app installed, skip to Step 3 for the actual sideloading process.
- Upon returning to the Fire TV Home screen, go up and select the magnifier logo at the upper left-hand side.
- Input “Downloader” in the Search menu using either the on-screen keyboard or voice search feature.
- Now scroll down and choose the top result at the bottom part of the Search menu.
- After that, select and click Downloader under the Apps & Games row to go to the download page.
- Ultimately, click Get / Download to download the app on your Firestick. It should be automatically installed after the download finishes.
You may now click Open to launch Downloader and follow the next step to sideload TVTap Pro on Firestick.
When launching the app for the first time, make sure to click Allow to give it storage permissions. Otherwise, Downloader won’t work at all.
Step 3: Install TVTap Pro on Firestick
Downloader makes it easy to install unknown apps on Fire TV devices. Now that you have it, go through the following instructions to get the TVTap Pro app on your device:
- First, click the URL bar on Downloader’s Home page and enter the following download URL: https://bit.ly/2WcLLvv
(This APK file is not hosted by firestickpost.com)
- Once you type it in the field, hit the Go The download should begin in a few seconds.
- After the TVTap Pro APK file completes downloading, the installer will appear immediately. Click Install.
- Click Done when you see the “Ready to launch!” notification at the bottom-right corner.
- Upon returning to the Downloader app window, click Delete to delete the TVTap Pro APK file, as you don’t need it after sideloading the app.
You can now close Downloader and return to the Fire TV Home screen. TVTap Pro should appear under the second row named “Your Apps & Channels.”
If it doesn’t show up, click See All under the same row to expand the apps list. You will be able to see the TVTap Pro app logo at the bottom.
In case you want to move the app, highlight the tile and press the Options button on the remote, then click Move. Make sure to move it among the first three app rows so that it shows up on the Home screen.
Similar – How to Install UK Turks App on FireStick
How to Use TVTap Pro on Fire TV Stick
It’s very easy to use TVTap Pro on Firestick, as you can navigate through the app without using an external remote input software. The user interface is also quite simple.
Unlike the regular TVTap app, TVTap Pro doesn’t bother you with disclaimers or prompts to remove advertisements. The app is preconfigured, so you don’t need to go through any first-time setup.
On the Home page, the channels are listed in alphanumeric order, with the country/region filter and search option on the right end of the top menu bar. There’s also a burger (☰) icon on the upper-left side, which brings up a sidebar.
From the sidebar, you can switch between different channel genres, which are Entertainment, Movies, Music, News, Sports, Documentary, Kids, and Food. Under the genres, you will also find the Schedule, Favorite, and Settings options.
If you want to view upcoming sports events, go to the Schedule section in the app. You can then click the down-arrow icon in the menu bar to choose your favorite sport. A handful of popular channels are also available for selection.
To mark a channel as your favorite, highlight it, press the OK button on your remote, and then click the Add to Favorite option. You can access the marked channels from TVTap Pro’s Favorite section.
In case you aren’t fond of the app’s default GO Player, go to the Settings menu. You can now click Select Player and choose your preferred player (e.g., MX Player, VLC) from the following box. Note that you need to have the selected player installed on your Firestick.
While the stream quality might be subpar, you can watch your favorite channels on Firestick for free with the TVTap Pro app. It has hundreds of local and international television channels to offer.
We hope this guide has helped you install TVTap Pro on Firestick and other Fire TV devices. Still, if you have any queries related to the process, make sure to leave them in the comments.
Before you go, bear in mind that the following streaming app unlikely has a license to stream the channels. While the app itself doesn’t seem to host the streams, we recommend using a VPN to hide your streaming activities and avoid legal disputes.