- 1 What does the Revolution Kodi Addon offer?
- 2 How to Install the Revolution Kodi Addon
- 3 A Brief Overview of the Revolution Addon on Kodi
- 4 To Conclude
In this comprehensive Kodi tutorial, you will find step-by-step instructions to install the Revolution kodi addon. Make sure to read on until the end to learn more.
It’s no surprise that many popular video add-ons for Kodi have been shut down due to legal issues. However, it doesn’t stop others from developing new add-ons for the Kodi community.
A significant percentage of Kodi users rely on add-ons for content consumption. Fortunately, there are literally thousands of video add-ons offering endless catalogs of movies and TV shows.
The only downside of using Kodi as a streaming platform is that you always need to have an alternative add-on just in case your primary one stops working.
You certainly have heard of the Revolution addon, which has brought you here. It’s a relatively new video add-on, meaning that many people don’t know about it yet. Perhaps you should try it out yourself and see whether it’s better than your primary streaming source or not.
What does the Revolution Kodi Addon offer?
Like many unofficial video add-ons, Revolution on Kodi offers a massive library of movies and TV shows. Alongside a back catalog of older content, you also get access to new films and TV show episodes from hundreds of networks and streaming services.
The Revolution add-on has dozens of public content providers. When you choose a movie or show to stream, the preloaded scrapers in the add-on goes through the provider sources to find you a streamable link for the selected content.
You can speed up the process by adding your Real-Debrid account to the add-on, which also provides up to 2160p (4K Ultra HD) links for newer content. Other Debrid services like AllDebrid, Debrid-Link, Linksnappy, MegaDebrid, Premiumize, Simply-Debrid, and RPnet is also supported.
If you use Trakt to synchronize your watchlist and favorites across different services, you can link your Trakt account with the Revolution add-on to quickly access your personalized collections of movies and TV shows. It’s a nifty feature many popular add-ons don’t include nowadays.
Overall, Revolution has a lot to offer, and it’s a must-try for those looking for a replacement for another discontinued or non-functional Kodi video add-on.
How to Install the Revolution Kodi Addon
It actually takes a bit more effort to install third-party add-ons on Kodi, compared to installing add-ons from the official add-on repository. If you are wondering, the Revolution add-on is available in the DejaVu Repository, meaning you have to get it on Kodi as well.
The following instructions will show you how to get the DejaVu Repository and then install the Revolution addon on Kodi. We have broken it down into three sections so that new users can understand the process.
Part 1: Allow Installation of Unknown Add-ons
By default, Kodi limits users to install add-ons from the official repository only. Hence, you need to change a Kodi setting first in order to install either an unofficial add-on or a third-party repository. Here’s what you need to do:
- Assuming you already are on the Kodi Home screen, head over to the Settings page by clicking the gear icon above the sidebar.
- Go down to the Settings row on the following page and click the System.
- Select Add-ons in the sidebar and navigate to the right to toggle on Unknown sources.
- Click Yes to enable the setting and close the warning prompt.
You can safely ignore the warning message as the Revolution Kodi add-on is safe to install. However, you always have the option to turn off Unknown sources once you are done installing it.
Part 2: Install the DejaVu Repository
To install the required DejaVu Repository, you have to add the repository source. Carefully follow the steps to learn how to do it.
- Go back to the Settings page and click File manager in the first row.
- Click Add source in the File manager. It will bring up a window titled “Add file source.”
- Now click the <None> option in the window and enter the following source link: https://dejavurepo.github.io/. Click OK to save it.
- After that, move to the next text field in the same window and enter a name for the source. For example, we have named the repository source “DejaVu.”
- Hit the OK button under the window to save the repository source. You should return to the File manager menu.
- Next, go back to the Settings page once again and click the Add-ons
- Click Install from zip file on the Add-on browser menu.
- Select DejaVu from the sources.
- Finally, select and click the DejaVu-x.x.x.zip file. It will send you back to the Add-on browser menu.
In a few seconds, you should get the “DejaVu Repo: Add-on installed” notification, indicating that you are pretty much ready to install the Revolution add-on.
Part 3: Install the Revolution Add-on
Now that you have the DejaVu Repository, you are a few steps away from getting the Revolution addon, which you can check out below.
- In the Add-on browser menu, click Install from repository.
- Select the DejaVu Repo on the next screen.
- Now scroll down the repository page and click Video add-ons.
- After that, select and click the Revolution add-on and hit Install.
- Finally, click OK to confirm installing the add-on and its dependencies.
Once you see the “Revolution: Add-on installed” notification, you may return to the Kodi Home screen. To launch the newly installed add-on, scroll down to the Add-ons tab. You will find Revolution under the Video add-ons row.
A Brief Overview of the Revolution Addon on Kodi
At first glance, there’s nothing special about the Revolution add-on. There’s no first-time setup to go through when you open it in Kodi for the first time. It’s already preconfigured for content streaming.
On the add-on’s main page, you will find nine options: Movies, TV Shows, My Movies, My TV Shows, New Movies, New Episodes, Channels, Tools, and Search.
The Movies and TV Shows pages break down into dozens of filter options, including Genres, Year, People, Most Popular, Networks, Highly Rated, Airing Today, etc.
When you link your Trakt account with the add-on, your personalized content collections appear on the My Movies and My TV Shows pages. Obviously, you can access the latest movies and recently broadcasted TV show episodes from the New Movies and New Episodes pages.
If you are trying to find a particular movie or show to watch, head over to the Search page. Alternatively, you can go to the Channels page to sort the content by television channels and streaming services.
From Tools, you can go to the Revolution add-on Settings menu, authorize your Trakt account, and clear your search history, cache, and providers.
Link Real-Debrid to Revolution Kodi Addon
In the Revolution Kodi add-on, you might face the “No stream available” error from time to time, especially when you try to search for an older movie or TV show episode.
To fix this particular issue, all you have to do is integrate a Real-Debrid account to the Revolution add-on, which opens the door to hundreds of high-definition streamable sources. Here’s how to do it:
- First, sign up for a Real-Debrid account if you don’t have it already.
- Now head over to the Tools menu from the Revolution add-on’s main page.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the following menu and click ResolveURL: Settings.
- Select the Universal Resolvers tab in the Settings window and scroll down to the Real-Debrid
- Now click the (Re)Authorize My Account An activation screen should appear with a temporary code.
- Go to real-debrid.com/device from your browser, then proceed to enter the code shown in the activation screen. Click Continue once you type it in.
- Log in with your Real-Debrid account credentials and approve the authorization.
Once you see the “ResolveURL: Real-Debrid Resolver Authorized” notification in Kodi, you can go to the main page and choose your preferred movie or show to watch.
When you get to the list of streamable links, make sure to select the one with the “RD” initials in front of the source name. It stands for “Real-Debrid.”
After spending some time with the Revolution Kodi addon, it’s quite safe to assume that the add-on is an excellent source of premium movies and shows. Furthermore, the Debrid service and Trakt integration make it more useful among Kodi streaming enthusiasts.
As always, we should mention that the following third-party add-on offers streams of copyrighted content without the consent of its copyright holder. Hence, it’s a good idea to use a VPN for streaming, especially if your country has stringent guidelines on digital piracy.