If you are looking for the best app to watch movies, TV series, or sports then you definitely should install PikaShow on Firestick device.
Streaming services are the primary source of digital entertainment for many of us. It has replaced cable channels with a much more sophisticated library of on-demand content. Then again, not everyone can pay for the monthly subscriptions, especially after the recent price hikes.
Having said that, there are dozens of third-party alternative streaming apps available for you – as long as you have an Android-powered phone, tablet, smart TV, or set-top box. Provided that you are here, you use a Fire TV device for streaming online content, which also runs on Android.
If you are looking for a free, simple, and reliable alternative to premium streaming services, try out PikaShow. It’s a new third-party video streaming app that works on the Amazon Firestick, as well as other Fire TV devices. This guide will show you how to install and use PikaShow on Firestick.
What does PikaShow on Firestick Offer?
PikaShow is a relatively new app, and it’s presumably still in active development. At the time of writing, it provides access to the latest movies and TV series from Hollywood and Bollywood. In addition, PikaShow offers 60+ entertainment, sports, kids, and regional live TV channels – mostly the ones broadcasted in India. Live football, cricket, and WWE streams are separately available as well.
PikaShow isn’t a Terrarium TV clone. It has a fresh and unique user interface you can navigate easily using the Fire TV Alexa Remote. However, essential features like Debrid and Trakt integration is absent, and there’s no support for external players yet.
Unlike most other third-party streaming apps, PikaShow enables autoplay by default. It means that you don’t get to choose a streamable link. While it makes streaming much simpler, you can’t expect HD video quality all the time. Furthermore, live TV channel streams are mostly capped to standard-definition.
Features of the PikaShow App
- You can browse through a massive library of movies and TV shows in the PikaShow app.
- 60+ live TV channels and individual sports streams are available for streaming.
- You can manually search for your favorite movies and series from the app.
- PikaShow has a dedicated watch history section, so you always have quick access to your favorite content.
- The app is free to download and safe to install on Fire TV devices.
How to Install PikaShow on Firestick
Of course, free video streaming apps like PikaShow are not allowed on the Amazon Appstore, as they violate the company’s policy. Still, the core framework of Fire OS is based on Android, meaning you can bypass the restrictions and sideload PikaShow on your Firestick.
Although sideloading is possible on Fire TV devices, you need to follow plenty of steps to install the PikaShow app. We have sorted the steps into three distinct sections for your ease of understanding.
Additionally, we have provided instructions for both the new and old Fire TV interface.
1: Get the Downloader App
As the name suggests, Downloader by AFTVnews allows Fire TV users to download files on their devices. The app is available on the Amazon Appstore for a long time now, and you need to install it on your Firestick to download the PikaShow APK file. Here’s how to get it:
- First, highlight the Find tab on the navigation bar of the new Fire TV Home page, then click the Search tile below to expand the search menu.
- On the old Fire TV Home page, highlighting the magnifier icon at the upper-left corner will open up the search menu.
- Next, you need to search for the Downloader app using the on-screen keyboard or the voice search option.
- Hover over the Downloader suggestion bubble in the search menu and click it.
- Click the Downloader app icon under the Apps & Games row on the following screen.
- Finally, click Get or Download on the Appstore page and wait for the app to get installed on your Firestick.
Once you go through the steps above, continue following the next part of this tutorial below.
2: Enable Unknown App Installation
On stock settings, Fire OS doesn’t allow users to install unverified apps from third-party sources. You can change that from the developer settings on both the new and old versions of the Fire TV interface. The steps go as follows:
- To open Settings, click the cog icon on the right side of the new Fire TV Home page’s navigation bar.
If your Firestick hasn’t received the UI update yet, click the Settings tab above the Home page.
- Highlight and click My Fire TV in the Settings menu. The option might be labeled as Device & Software or Device on the older versions of Fire OS.
- After that, scroll down and click Developer options on the following screen.
- Click the Install unknown apps option if you are on the new Fire TV interface, then click Downloader to allow it to install unknown apps.
On the older Fire TV UI, click Apps from Unknown Sources, followed by Turn On under the warning to enable unverified app installations.
Once you have the given Downloader the ability to sideload APK files, proceed to the next section to install PikaShow on Firestick.
For security purposes, make sure to turn off the following developer option after installing the PikaShow app.
3: Install PikaShow on Firestick
First, launch the Downloader app from the compact app drawer on the new Fire TV Home page. On the old interface, the app should be found under the Your Apps & Channels row.
Next, click Allow when Downloader asks for storage permissions. You have to do it only for the first launch. Once you finally get to the Home page of the Downloader app, follow the steps below to install PikaShow apk on Firestick.
- Click the empty field under “URL or Search” and enter the following address: https://bit.ly/3heLLoc
- Once you click Go, a file named “pika.show vXX.apk” should start downloading.
- After the download completes, the Android installer window should appear on the screen. Click Install to begin the installation of the PikaShow app.
- When it’s done installing, click Done to close the Android installer window.
- Finally, click Delete upon returning to the Downloader app to remove the PikaShow APK file. It will free up a fair amount of device storage space.
If your Firestick is running the updated Fire TV interface, click the ellipsis (⋯) icon next to the compact app drawer in the navigation bar, then scroll down and click the PikaShow app to launch it.
Those who still have access to the old interface can scroll down to the “Your Apps & Channels” row, click See All, then scroll down once again at the bottom to launch the PikaShow app.
Quick Overview to Use PikaShow on Firestick
PikaShow has a user-friendly interface. Hence, it’s straightforward to use on Firestick, especially with the Fire TV Alexa Remote.
When you open PikaShow for the first time on Firestick, it might not go beyond the splash screen. Relaunching the app will fix the problem. You won’t have to grant the app any special permission.
The main interface of the PikaShow app consists of a few categories, which are Bollywood, Hollywood, Series, Live TV, Search, and Library.
If you are looking for movies to watch, go to the Bollywood (Indian) or Hollywood (International) sections of the app. For TV shows and web series, you need to select Series instead.
For television channels or live sports streams, highlight and click the Live TV option. Alternatively, you can manually search for your favorite content from the Search tab.
To watch a movie or TV show episode, simply select it and click the Stream option. The built-in player will automatically open up and load the stream.
You can use either the playback overlay or the individual playback buttons on the Alexa Remote to play/pause, rewind, and skip forward the content.
If you wish to manually adjust the video resolution or audio channel, click the cog icon in the playback overlay. You can also enable closed caption if needed.
To access your watch history, head over to the Library section. Note that there are no settings menu in PikaShow, meaning you can’t set an external media player for stream playback or link your Debrid account to fetch high-quality streamable links.
More Similar Guides
PikaShow is a decent replacement for paid streaming services, despite lacking a few crucial features found in other third-party streaming apps. Since PikaShow is still in development, you might encounter miscellaneous bugs throughout the app.
At a later date, you can follow the same installation instructions in this guide to update the PikaShow on Firestick, which should fix some of the notable bugs and crashing issues.
Although the following app itself is not illegal to use, most of the on-demand content featured in the library is sources unofficially. If your country deems digital piracy as a punishable offense, make sure to use a VPN app and hide your real IP address on Firestick to avoid legal issues.