This guide will walk you through the installation process of Live NetTV on Firestick. Those who own a Fire TV Cube, Fire TV (Box/Pendant), or Fire TV Edition Smart TV can also follow this guide.
Traditional cable and satellite television providers are slowly replaced by subscription-based OTT services, thanks to the availability of cloud DVR, video-on-demand, and relatively affordable channel bundles. We won’t have to introduce them to you again.
Free live TV services exist, but the channel lineup is less appealing compared to the premium offerings. In most cases, ad-supported services offer neither the most recent TV show episodes nor the latest films you wish to watch.
Such services may not evoke your interests if you are looking for a way to watch your favorite channels. We would always recommend you go for a cheap IPTV subscription in case you are on a restricted budget. However, there are other free alternatives available as well.
One of them is Live NetTV, offering hundreds of live TV channels from different countries. It’s also free regardless of which Android device you choose to use.
Live NetTV on Firestick (Overview)
Live Net TV offers access to 800+ live TV channels and events without asking users to pay for a subscription plan. It includes channels from dozens of countries, such as the United States, Canada, Britain, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, UAE, India, etc.
The LiveNetTV app sorts channels into nine different categories, which are Entertainment, Sports, News, Movies, Documentary, Cooking, Kids, Music, and Religious. Select pay-per-view live events are also made available to watch on the app.
It should be noted that the Live Net TV app has no license to broadcast the channels. Instead, the developer has added streamable channel feeds from public sources. Without the sources, the app is basically a streaming video player with no playback function to serve.
It also means that you won’t be able to access your favorite channel in case the public source goes down. However, Live NetTV’s developer frequently adds and updates new channel links. Considering it’s a free app, it sometimes may not live up to your expectations.
Live NetTV works perfectly fine with Android TV. Hence, there’s no reason for it to work flawlessly with Fire TV devices. It runs great on Firestick devices, and you can browse the interface using the Alexa Voice Remote.
Features of Live Net TV App
- Live NetTV offers thousands of channels from across the world. It also has an on-demand section.
- It doesn’t ask for any sort of sign-ups or subscriptions. You can use Live NetTV on Firestick without spending any money.
- You can use external players (e.g., MX Player, VLC, XYZ Player) to play the live channels and on-demand streams.
- It supports remote-based navigation. Furthermore, the app works with all Fire TV devices, including Firestick.
- You can watch your favorite channels in up to HD resolution.
How to Install Live NetTV on Firestick?
Since the app isn’t available on the Amazon Appstore, you will need to sideload the Live Net TV APK file instead. It takes a few minutes to install Live NetTV on Firestick, if only you go through the following instructions.
The installation guide has been broken down into three major sections to make it simpler for inexperienced users. All you have to do is follow the steps as shown below.
#1: Install the Downloader App
The first thing you need to do is install the Downloader app on Firestick. It’s a free app that lets you download any files you want on your Fire TV device. It will also help you download the Live NetTV APK file.
- Start with going to the Search (magnifier icon) tab from the top of the Fire TV Home page.
- In the Search menu, use the keyboard to enter “Downloader.” It should return you with a few results.
- Now pick up Downloader from the results right under the on-screen keyboard.
- After that, highlight the Downloader app in the Apps & Channels row and click it.
- Click Download to begin the download. Downloader on Firestick will be installed in a minute or so.
Instead of launching the app after it’s installed, return to the Home page and keep following the second set of steps.
#2: Enable the ‘Apps from Unknown Sources’ Option
Like every other Android-powered device, Firestick restricts users from installing unverified apps. However, it can be easily bypassed from the developer settings menu. Here’s how you can do it:
- From the top navigation panel of the Home page, go to the Settings.
- Scroll to Device & Software and click it. On an older Firestick model, you should look out for My Fire TV or Device.
- Now select Developer options on the following page, then click Apps from Unknown Sources.
- When you see the warning message, click Turn On to proceed to enable the option anyway.
You should now be able to install apps on Firestick outside the Amazon Appstore. Note that you can turn it off after installing the Live NetTV app.
#3: Install Live NetTV on Firestick
The following steps will help you install Live NetTV on Firestick. Make sure that you have correctly followed the two major steps above. Otherwise, you won’t be able to install the app.
- Launch the Downloader app and click Allow when asked for storage permissions. Skip the quick start guide as well.
- On Downloader’s Home page, click the field under “Enter a URL or Search Term,” then type in this link: https://bit.ly/3pPjAjO
- Upon entering the download link, click Go. You should soon see the progress bar.
- Once the Live NetTV APK file is downloaded, click Install in the installer window.
- Click Done after Live NetTV is installed on Firestick. You should be back to the Downloader app.
- Ultimately, make sure to Delete the APK file from the Downloader app to free up storage space.
In order to launch Live NetTV on Firestick, go to Your Apps & Channels row on the Fire TV Home page. Click See All if you don’t find the app under the row. After that, you should see Live NetTV at the end of the following apps menu.
You can access Live NetTV from the same row on the Fire TV Home page by moving the app to the top of the list.
How to Use Live Net TV on Firestick?
Launching Live NetTV on Firestick for the first time after the installation prompts you with a welcome screen regarding targeted ads and data collection. Click Continue to proceed.
Next, you may receive a prompt to allow Live NetTV access to your device’s location. We advise you to click Deny to restrict the app from further data collection. Note that the app works perfectly fine without access to your geolocation.
After you go through the first-time setup, you should see the main screen of the Live NetTV app. As previously mentioned, you should see all channels categorized in different tabs, such as Entertainment, 24/7 Channels, News, Sports, Movies, Music, Documentary, Kids, Cooking, Religious, etc. You can also filter the channels by different languages.
To search for a specific channel, click the magnifier option on the upper-right corner of the Live NetTV app. You can select and click a channel from the list to play it back.
If you wish to mark it as a favorite, simply press and hold the OK button on your Alexa Voice Remote, then click Add to Favourites from the context menu. You can access your favorite channels from the heart icon next to the tabs.
If you want to use an external player to watch the live channels, follow the steps below.
- Highlight and click the cogwheel on the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Now scroll down the Settings menu and click Video Player.
- Select your preferred video player (e.g., MX Player, XMTV Player, XYZ Player) from the list.
Whenever you choose to play a channel, the selected external player will open up and play the stream.
We hope you have successfully installed Live NetTV on Firestick by following this guide. While this app offers free live television channels, we recommend you to find a premium alternative in the meantime.
It’s impossible for us to identify whether Live NetTV’s channels are coming from legitimate sources or not, which is why you always should pay for a premium and trusted live TV service to avoid legal issues in the future.