In this guide, you will find step-by-step instructions to install ITV Hub on Firestick and activate it for streaming on-demand ITV content.
ITV is one of the most popular British channels in the United Kingdom. It’s also the largest terrestrial TV network in the country. ITV is known for its domestic production of high-quality scripted and unscripted content.
It has a strong dominance across all major broadcasting territories for its focus on original programming.
Like BBC, Channel 4, and Channel 5, ITV also offers its own video-on-demand streaming service in serviceable regions. The service made its initial debut in 2008 with the name “ITV Player,” which was then rebranded to “ITV Hub” in 2015.
Last year, it counted over 30 million registered users.
ITV Hub is available on a vast range of Youview-enabled set-top boxes and televisions. If you are planning to make a full switch to your Firestick for content consumption — then we have some good news for you, as the ITV Hub officially supports Fire TV devices.
What does ITV Hub on Firestick Offer?
The ITV Hub is the all-in-one portal to your favorite ITV shows. The service offers on-demand content from not only the main ITV channel but also its sister channels, including ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, and ITVBe. Live feeds of the ITV television networks are accessible as well.
Here are some of the most popular ITV shows you can watch on ITV Hub: Emmerdale, Coronation Street, The Only Way is Essex, Hell’s Kitchen, Family Guy, I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here!, Endeavour, Midsomer Murders, Tipping Point, Vera, Love Island, etc.
Alongside the complete library of ITV’s scripted dramas, factual series, and reality shows, you get access to exclusive first looks and early premieres of new TV show episodes for free. ITV Hub even provides up to 30 days of catch-ups.
Besides, you can watch major football, rugby, and other sports events on Firestick with ITV Hub, including live broadcasts of UEFA Euro and Six Nations Championship, plus on-demand replays of All Elite Wrestling: Dynamite, UEFA Nations League, and more.
ITV’s sports-centric documentaries are also available for streaming on the service.
Furthermore, ITV Hub sources children’s programming from its CITV channel. The on-demand library currently has a respectable collection of cartoon shows for younger audiences.
ITV Hub is a free streaming service, but it heavily emphasizes advertisements for monetization. If you wish to have an uninterrupted streaming experience, consider subscribing to ITV Hub+, which only costs £3.99 a month. Note that live channel streams still contain promotional breaks.
- ITV Hub offers the latest episodes of ITV originals and full box-sets on-demand.
- You can watch ITV’s linear TV channel streams for free. The app even offers live sports content.
- The ITV Hub app on Fire TV lets you discover shows by category.
- It has a modern user interface. The Alexa Voice Remote is also natively supported.
- ITV Hub is a free, ad-supported streaming service. An affordable ad-free subscription tier is available as well.
How to Install and Access ITV Hub on Firestick
Installing ITV Hub on Firestick or other Fire TV devices requires no effort, as it’s officially available for download on the Amazon Appstore. Here’s how the whole process looks:
- On the Home page of your Firestick, select the hand lens icon at the upper left-hand corner.
- Next, use the on-screen keyboard in the Search menu to find the “ITV Hub”
- A few results should appear below as you type the app’s name. Choose the top result from the list.
- Now select and click the ITV Hub app logo under the Apps & Channels section on the following screen.
- Once you are on the download page, click Get. The ITV Hub app should start downloading immediately.
When ITV Hub is installed on your Firestick, you can launch it from the second row of the Home page, “Your Apps & Channels.”
If you have more than fifteen apps already installed on your Firestick, the app won’t show up under the row. Instead, click See All to expand the apps list, and you will find ITV Hub at the bottom of it.
To make ITV Hub show up under the Home page’s “Your Apps & Channels” row, highlight the app and press the Options button on the remote, then click Move. You can now move it among the first fifteen apps and press the OK button to save its position.
How to Activate ITV Hub on Firestick
ITV Hub requires users to have an account for accessing the streaming library. Furthermore, you need to be signed in to the ITV Hub app on Firestick. Here’s how you can activate it:
- First, launch the ITV Hub app on your Fire TV device.
- Click the Sign in now option on the welcome screen. You will be presented with a six-digit code for the activation process.
- Open a new tab in your current browser and go to itv.com/hub/pair. Assuming you don’t have an ITV Hub account yet, click Register after the page loads up.
- Fill up the following form with your personal information (e.g., name, DOB, email address). Make sure to enter a unique password to keep your account secure.
- Next, agree to ITV’s terms and conditions, then click Submit to register your ITV Hub account.
- After that, you can either proceed with the ad-free tier or subscribe to ITV Hub+ for an ad-free experience (requires a working payment method).
- Now enter the six-digit code displayed in the ITV Hub Fire TV app and click Continue to complete the activation.
Once you get the “Sign in successful” message in ITV Hub, the app will send you to its Home page. You can now enjoy your favorite ITV shows on-demand and stream the live ITV programming on your Firestick.
A Brief Overview of ITV Hub App on Firestick
The ITV Hub app on Firestick offers an easy-to-navigate layout. Once you are signed in, you will see five different options in the top menu bar, which are Home, Channels, Categories, Search, and Settings.
Every time you launch ITV Hub, the first thing you will see is the Home page. You can scroll through popular shows and their new episodes from ITV and its sister channels. The recommendations are totally personalized, meaning that you always have quick access to your favorite ITV programs.
From Channels, you can select your preferred ITV channel and stream it live on Firestick. It also lets you view what’s currently airing and recently broadcasted on an ITV channel.
The Categories tab in the ITV Hub app gives you the option to explore the ITV originals by category and genre, such as Full Series, Children, Comedy, Drama & Soaps, Entertainment, Factual, Films, News, and Sport. You can also manually search for a show from the Search menu.
Whether you want to enable parental controls or reset the ITV Hub app, you can do it from the Settings. To enable subtitles, click the S icon on the player’s upper-right corner.
That’s everything you need to know to install and activate ITV Hub on Firestick. Note that the stream quality is limited to HD, so the content will look blurry even when you use a Firestick 4K.
If you have a Fire TV Edition Smart TV or Soundbar, you can install ITV Hub on it by following the same instructions in this guide.