Do you want to change firestick name? Check out this comprehensive guide about How To Rename Firestick in 1 minute.
In 2020, Amazon reached the milestone of 40 million active monthly users for its Fire TV portfolio. It’s needless to say that Amazon’s Fire TV devices are some of the best streaming players you can buy right now. The Firestick models are known primarily for its affordability.
Considering how accessible Fire TV devices are among mass consumers, we wouldn’t be surprised if you have multiple of them set up in your household. You can have a Firestick for all the dumb TVs you have in your living room, kitchen, or bedrooms without breaking the bank, assuming you have decent Wi-Fi coverage.
Having several Fire TV devices in your house means you and your family members can stream videos without fighting for one remote. However, individually managing every one of them becomes a hassle, and you probably have found it out yourself.
For example, if you have two or more Firestick of the same model connected to the home Wi-Fi network, it can create confusion about which one to select when trying to mirror the phone’s screen or cast audio/video from an app.
Obviously, you can get around the problem by renaming the devices. As the title suggests, this guide will show you how to rename firestick so that you can tell them apart.
How To Rename Firestick
Amazon uses the stock name of the Fire TV device by default. Thus, it can get confusing when you have multiple Firestick or other Fire TV device of the same model in your house.
As suggested earlier, you can solve the problem by renaming the devices. Before we jump straight into the renaming process, here’s how you can learn the current name of the Firestick or Fire TV device you wish to rename:
- From the Home page of Firestick, go to the top navigation panel and highlight Settings.
- Next, scroll to the end of the Settings row and click Device or My Fire TV. If you don’t see the option, find and click Device & Software.
- Click About on the following page, then highlight the name of your Firestick or Fire TV device.
- On the right side of the screen, the default Device Name should show up. Make sure to write it down somewhere.
You may now do it for all your Firestick and Fire TV devices in the house to note down their names.
The simplest way to discern two or more Firestick is to assign the name of the room it’s located in (e.g., living room, bedroom, kids room). However, you can rename the devices anything you want, as long as you are able to identify them. It’s worth mentioning that you can rename your Fire TV devices whenever you want.
While there’s no way to rename them directly from the Fire TV Settings, you can do it from the Amazon app on your phone or the official Amazon website instead. It’s a straightforward process that we have shown in detail below.
Rename Firestick from Amazon App
If you have the Amazon app installed on your Android or iOS device, open it and follow the steps below to rename your Firestick.
Else, install the official Amazon app from the Play Store or App Store first and sign in with the same Amazon account linked to your Firestick.
- Open up the sidebar by tapping the three-lined burger icon on the upper-left corner of the Amazon app.
- Next, select Your Account from the sidebar, then tap Content and devices under the Account Settings.
- Now select the Devices tab on top of the page. You should see your Firestick and other Fire TV devices associated with your Amazon account.
- After that, choose the Firestick you wish to rename, then tap the Edit
- Type in the new name you have chosen to assign to your Firestick. Tap Save to confirm the change.
That’s it! To check whether your Firestick is correctly renamed or not, go to the About page from the Fire TV Settings menu.
If you have multiple Amazon accounts set up with your Fire TV devices, make sure to sign in with the one connected to the Firestick that you want to rename.
Change Firestick Name from Amazon Website
If you don’t have access to your phone right now, you can rename your Firestick from the official Amazon website as well. Here’s how:
- Open a new tab in your browser and visit amazon.com or your region-specific official Amazon website.
- Hover your mouse cursor over the “Hello, Sign in” option at the top and click Sign in.
- Now enter your email address or phone number linked to your Amazon account and click Continue. You will need to enter your password on the following screen.
- Once you are logged in, click the burger icon at the upper-left side of the webpage, then scroll down and click Your Account under the Help & Settings.
- After that, select Content and devices right under the Digital content and devices.
- Go to the Devices tab on the following page and choose your Firestick.
- Click Edit next to the device’s name. You should be able to rename it to your liking. Click Save once you are done.
Voila! The new name should reflect on your Firestick or Fire TV device after a few moments.
We have shown you two possible ways to rename Firestick in this guide. Once you are logged into the Amazon app or website with your account credentials, it’s really easy to assign new names to your Fire TV devices.
Whether you are using a Firestick, Fire TV Cube, or Fire TV Edition Smart TV, you will be able to individually rename them by following this guide. Remember that renaming your device won’t cause any conflicts between the apps and channels you have installed.