For Kodi users, we have given step-by-step instructions in this guide on how to install GoGoAnime Addon on Kodi. You will also find an overview of the add-on in a later section.
If you are craving to watch anime, there are dozens of websites you can visit to watch your favorite shows for free, such as Crunchyroll, Funimation, ConTV, Tubi, Animefreak, VRV, and many more. However, advertisements and pop-ups interrupt you almost every minute.
The GoGoAnime website is one of the most popular sources of subbed and dubbed anime content. It does have advertisements, but they are not as intrusive as other anime streaming sites. GoGoAnime doesn’t bother you when you are streaming an episode of your favorite anime.
Additionally, it’s also available as a Kodi add-on. If you regularly use Kodi, the GoGoAnime Kodi addon should be an excellent addition to your add-on library. After trying it out ourselves, we can say for sure that the add-on works flawlessly. It delivers an equally good anime streaming experience as the web version of GoGoAnime, if not better.
What can you Watch with GoGoAnime Kodi Addon?
The GoGoAnime Kodi addon gives access to a massive library of the latest and classic anime shows. It gets regularly updated, so you will find the most recently subbed episodes of your favorite ongoing anime shows as well. You can also enjoy the shows season by season.
The GoGoAnime Kodi add-on is free of advertisements, meaning your binge-watching is always uninterrupted. Both subbed and dubbed anime content is available in its library, which is excellent news for sub purists and casual fans.
Surprisingly, you can enjoy every new anime show added to GoGoAnime in HD quality. The primary server rarely goes down. But, you still get to choose between eight other sources just in case the primary one doesn’t work for you.
GoGoAnime Add-on Features
- Hundreds of new and classic anime shows are available to watch on the GoGoAnime Kodi add-on.
- On GoGoAnime, you can watch the latest episodes in up to 1080p Full HD quality.
- You can filter the anime library by genre and year. Long-running shows are pre-organized season by season.
- You can quickly access the shows you recently viewed on the GoGoAnime add-on.
- It’s totally free to use with zero advertisements. You won’t need to pay for a subscription or register for an account to access the anime content, for that matter.
How to Install GoGoAnime Addon on Kodi
You won’t find GoGoAnime in the official Kodi add-on repository. It’s hosted on the Cywteow Repository, which is the real source of the GoGoAnime add-on.
Installing a third-party repository and add-on on Kodi takes a few hoops to go through. If you haven’t done it before, follow this tutorial to install the GoGoAnime Kodi add-on.
1: Enable Unknown Sources
Kodi doesn’t allow the installation of add-ons and repositories from unknown sources by default. However, you can bypass the restrictions by following the instructions below.
- Hover over and click the cogwheel above the sidebar on Kodi’s home screen.
- Go down to the bottom row of the settings page and click the System
- Highlight Add-ons in the sidebar, then select and click Unknown Sources on the following screen.
- Now click Yes under the warning dialog box to save the changes.
The GoGoAnime Kodi add-on is safe to use, so you don’t have to worry about the implications of the warning message.
2: Add the Cywteow Repository
As we mentioned before, Cywteow Repository is home to the GoGoAnime Kodi add-on. In order to install the add-on, you will need to add the repository to Kodi first. Here’s how:
- Click File manager in the Kodi settings page upon enabling the Unknown Sources option.
- Next, select Add Source in the File manager menu, which should open a new window.
- Now click <None> in the window and type in the following address: https://cywteow.github.io/repo/. Click OK to return.
- Select the second text field in the window and give the source a name. We’ll name it “GoGo” for reference.
- Click the OK button in the window and save the repository source.
- After that, return to the Kodi settings page to select the Add-ons It’s a shortcut to the Add-on browser page.
- Select ‘Install from zip file’ from the following screen, then scroll down and click GoGo in the source list.
- Finally, click cywteow-x.x.x.zip in the parent folder. The Cywteow Repository should immediately get installed.
In case the repository fails to install, visit the source link from your web browser and download the zip file. You should be to install it on Kodi from your local directory.
3: Install GoGoAnime Addon
Now that you have access to the Cywteow Repository, go through the remaining steps below to install the GoGoAnime addon on Kodi.
- Select ‘Install from repository’ on the Add-on browser page.
- After that, click Cywteow Add-ons in the repository list.
- Now open the Video add-ons folder and choose gogoanime from the following collection of add-ons.
- Next, click the Install You will also need to click OK again to confirm installing GoGoAnime add-on.
When it’s done, you should see the “GoGoAnime Add-on installed” notification pop up. To launch the add-on, select the Add-ons tab on the home screen. You will find GoGoAnime in the Video add-ons section.
Overview of GoGoAnime Kodi Add-on
The GoGoAnime add-on doesn’t have a first-time setup wizard. It’s preconfigured, with all the sources loaded by default. The main page of the GoGoAnime addon consists of seven options, which we have listed below.
- Recently viewed
- Recent Release
- Popular Ongoing Update
- Popular Anime
- View by Genres
- View by Year-Season
From the following categories, you can discover popular anime shows, go through recent anime releases, and check the recently added episodes. You can also filter the library by different genres, such as Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Music, Psychological, School, Sports, Thriller, etc. If you know what exactly you wish to watch, you can manually search for it as well.
The GoGoAnime addon doesn’t need you to link any Debrid services. All you need to is select the episode you want to stream, then choose any of the eight servers. The quality will be the same across all of them.
More Kodi Guides
This is how you install the GoGoAnime addon on Kodi. If you are into anime, the following add-on has basically everything you need. While it isn’t natively supported on Kodi v17.6 Krypton, you can install the GoGoAnime add-on if you still use the version.
It’s worth mentioning that GoGoAnime doesn’t have any license to stream the anime shows. Thus, we recommend using a VPN to anonymize your streaming sessions and avoid receiving a copyright infringement letter from your ISP (internet service provider).