- 1 What does FilmPlus offer on Firestick?
- 2 How to Install FilmPlus on Firestick?
- 3 How to Use FilmPlus on Firestick?
- 4 To Conclude
Hi Everyone, I am Miguel, and today in this article, I will show you step by step installation process to install FilmPlus on FireStick.
You can follow the same installation steps for other Fire TV devices as well, including the Fire TV Edition Smart TVs, Fire TV Cube, and Fire TV (Box/Pendant).
Third-party video streaming apps are quite popular among Fire TV and Android TV users, as they don’t ask for subscriptions. The online streaming market is currently so fragmented that users are forced to pay for different subscriptions in order to enjoy their favorite movies and shows.
With the third-party streaming apps, you can enjoy your favorites in one place, without paying for monthly plans. They also offer the latest content in up to 4K quality, which is excellent for those who have an Ultra HD television.
However, not all work as intended anymore. Due to the enforcement of strict copyright laws in recent months, community developers have abandoned their popular streaming apps in fear of facing legal issues. Then again, new working clones of the same apps are made available by others.
FilmPlus is one of the newest Terrarium TV alternatives. It offers thousands of movies and TV shows to watch, thanks to its media scrapers fetching high-quality links.
If you happen to own a Firestick and wish to stream on-demand content for free, consider checking out FilmPlus. It is fully compatible with Fire TV devices, and you can follow this guide to install FilmPlus on Firestick.
What does FilmPlus offer on Firestick?
FilmPlus offers free movies, TV shows, web series, documentaries, and PPVs on-demand. The app has been built from scratch, but it copies Terrarium TV’s user interface.
Many seem to like the simplistic approach TTV took for its UI, which is why the developer of FilmPlus decided to keep the layout intact.
FilmPlus auto-generates its streaming library based on movie database websites. From the poster to the synopsis, the app pulls in all the details users look out for on a streaming app. Without an update from the developer, the app can rebuild its catalog on its own with new content.
FilmPlus provides 1080p and 4K links for recent movies and shows. Its built-in media scrapers are efficient enough to fetch the best possible streamable links from hundreds of file-hosting sites.
The app also has Debrid integration, meaning you can link your Real-Debrid, AllDebrid, and Premiumize account with FilmPlus to get access to the highest-quality links available for a particular movie or show.
Apart from the Terrarium-inspired user interface, those who use Trakt for watchlist synchronization will also find FilmPlus compelling due to its deep Trakt integration. The app natively supports Fire TV devices and the Alexa remote. However, you can’t search for content with your voice yet.
Features of FilmPlus on Firestick
- FilmPlus offers a vast catalog of on-demand films and shows for you to watch on Firestick.
- On a Firestick 4K and an Ultra HD television, you can watch up to 2160p high-bitrate streams via FilmPlus.
- The app offers not only Debrid integration but also Trakt support.
- You can change the default player and enable closed captions for the streams.
- FilmPlus is free to download. There are no in-app advertisements.
How to Install FilmPlus on Firestick?
As you may have already checked, FIlmPlus can’t be obtained from the Amazon Appstore. After all, it’s a third-party streaming app offering unlicensed content.
However, you do have the option to sideload FilmPlus on Firestick. Sideloading definitely takes more effort than installing an app directly from the Appstore, but it’s the only way to get FilmPlus working on a Fire TV device.
The following installation steps are broken into three major parts to make it straightforward for inexperienced Firestick users to follow.
Part 1: Install Downloader App
First of all, you will be required to install Downloader from the Appstore, since it’s the only app that gives users the option to download files on a Fire TV device. You can use it to download the FilmPlus APK file.
- First, select the magnifying glass above the Fire TV Home interface to open the Search menu.
- Search for the “Downloader” app using the keyboard under the search field. You may also use the voice search function on the Alexa remote to do it.
- The Downloader app should show up as the top result in the suggestions list. Click it to continue.
- Now choose Downloader once again from below the Apps & Channels.
- Click Get to install the app. It should take just a minute or so.
After Downloader is installed, go back to the Fire TV Home interface and follow the next instructions set below.
Part 2: Turn on ‘Apps from Unknown Sources’
Sideloading won’t work on Firestick unless you enable a particular developer option, which bypasses the security checks when installing an app. Here’s how you can allow the following permission:
- From the top panel of the Fire TV Home interface, highlight the Settings
- Next, scroll to the right until you find Device & Software in the Settings menu. You may also look out for the My Fire TV or Device option in case you have an older Firestick variant.
- Click Developer options on the next page, followed by Apps from Unknown Sources.
- You will get a warning message about the security risks associated with app sideloading. Click Turn On to continue anyway.
FilmPlus is an unverified app, but it’s neither malicious nor unsafe to install on Android devices.
Part 3: Sideload FilmPlus APK on Firestick
Now that you can install apps on Firestick from external sources, launch the Downloader app, and go through the instructions below to sideload FilmPlus:
- Click Allow to give storage permissions to the Downloader app when launching it for the first time.
- Now click OK to close the quick start guide and proceed to Downloader’s Home
- Select the search bar and type in the download link: https://bit.ly/2J7q3WF
- After that, click Go to start downloading the FilmPlus APK file.
- The installer window should show up immediately after the download finishes. Click Install to continue.
- Click Done to close the installer once FilmPlus is successfully installed.
- To free up some storage space, Delete the APK file when you return to the Downloader app.
You can open FilmPlus on Firestick from the “Your Apps & Channels” row of the Home page. Click See All under the row if you don’t see the app listed.
To move FilmPlus to the top of the following apps list, press the Options key on the Alexa remote with the app highlighted, then click the Move option.
How to Use FilmPlus on Firestick?
FilmPlus shares the same interface as Terrarium TV, which you might be already familiar with. The app starts with the TV Shows catalog by default. You can toggle the sidebar by clicking the burger (☰) icon on the upper-left corner, which gives you access to other options like Movies, Favorites, TV Calendar, and Settings.
When you are on FilmPlus’ content catalog, you can click the down-arrow icon on the top menu bar and browse through dozens of collections and genres. It applies to both the Movies and TV Shows section. If you wish to filter by content by year, click the action overflow (⋮) icon on the upper-right side of the app window and select the Year Filter option.
The magnifier icon on the menu bar’s right side gives you access to the Search menu, from where you can instantly access your favorite content.
When you select a movie or episodic program to watch on FilmPlus, click the Play (▶) icon on the top-right side of the screen and wait for the app to find the sources. Click the star (★) icon to add the movie/show to your list of Favorites, which you can later access from the sidebar.
In Settings, you get the options to link your Real-Debrid, AllDebrid, and Premiumize accounts. For the best quality links, I advise you to sign in to one of the following Debrid services. You will also find the option to log in with your Trakt account.
From the same menu, you can choose your default player other than the built-in ExoPlayer. If you have MX Player or VLC for Fire TV installed on your Firestick, you can select any one of them for the stream playback.
Set up Real-Debrid in FilmPlus
Setting up a Real-Debrid account with FilmPlus on Firestick is super simple. Follow the steps below if you wish to access the high-quality streamable links.
- Expand the left sidebar in the FilmPlus app and select Settings.
- Click “Login to Real-Debrid” right under the Account You will get an activation code.
- Go to real-debrid.com/device from a new tab in your browser.
- Enter the activation code shown in the FilmPlus app and click Continue.
- Finally, log in with your Real-Debrid account credentials.
That’s it! Your Real-Debrid account should be linked with the FilmPlus app. Make sure to choose the stream sources with the “RD” text highlighted in red or yellow color for the best possible stream quality.
That’s all I have to tell you about FilmPlus on Firestick.
While it’s an excellent app for free video streaming, note that it hosts pirated content, and watching it might be a criminal offense in your country. Hence, I would always recommend you use a legitimate streaming service instead.